Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gettin' Down To It

So here I am, 8 days away from the biggest physical undertaking of my life. I’m filled with lots of mixed emotions right now. Of course I’m feeling excited! Of course I’m feeling nervous! The part I don’t necessarily enjoy is the waiting game. I’m done with my difficult training and I just want to get on with it.

All this energy that I’m used to expending is now thrashing my mind in multiple directions. One minute I’m on an emotional high and the next I’m questioning things. Did I train hard enough? Did I put in enough time? Typical feelings before any major event I guess. My confidence is not being shaken, however. I truly know that I put in the time, the miles, and the focus to be successful. Now it’s just about execution. That, and making sure I rest sufficiently over the next week (which can be tough for me). Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

LYDIA said...

I'm excited for you baby! You are going to do so well :)

Anonymous said...

The Bang's are cheering you on!