Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Post-Wasatch Blues

Not much has been happening over the course of the last month.  After Wasatch I was relegated to a bare bones running schedule.  In fact, I didn't do much running at all the first 3 weeks after the race as my knee would not allow it.  Depressing!  I was going through some anxiety as well and I'm sure I was driving Lydia absolutely crazy.  I was finally able to start running more regularly just a few weeks ago and I'm finally on the mend.  My knee's still only about 90% or so, and while I'm not able to push the hills - or much of a pace for that matter - I'm able to run and that keeps me sane.

To keep me in line, I put together a new schedule to keep me running through winter.  My next real race isn't until next year, but I find that a schedule keeps me on track much better than having nothing to look at.  One of those psychological tricks I use to keep me going.  Whatever works I guess!

I actually shouldn't say that I don't have any "real" races til next year.  I do have a "real" race coming up this weekend.  My friend Scott that helped pace me at Wasatch, invited me to join his Ragnar team since he had several people drop after the Wasatch Back Relay.  So I'm heading down this weekend to do Ragnar Relay Las Vegas.  Should be interesting since Scott is the only person I know on the team.  Looks like it could either be a really long, or really fun weekend.  I've also never done a relay so I'm not sure what to expect.  Looking forward to the unknown!

No comments: