Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday, July 19th

Plan: 30-45 minutes, easy jog
Actual: 20 minutes, easy jog ~ 2.25 miles

Was planning to go at least 30 minutes this morning, but the legs weren't having it. That, coupled with the headache I woke up to, equaled one sluggish morning. You'd think I'd be ready to go since I took yesterday off!? The legs actually weren't terrible, but I started experiencing a little soreness for some reason. I decided to cut it short as my long run is tomorrow. Thought I should save the legs for that.

Lydia and I are heading up to the Uintahs today with Teams Dobbe, Bang, and Bishop, and staying the night in Cole & Nuria's cabin. Should be a lot of fun! I also plan on getting my long run done in the mountains between about 8500 & 10000 feet tomorrow morning. Should be a perfect challenge for me! I've got a nice trail picked out and I plan on doing closer to 13 miles or so, even though the schedule only calls for 10. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping ice and ibuprofen will take care of the little bit of soreness I'm experiencing at the moment. Also plan on doing some light hiking later today with Lyd which I'm hoping will loosen up the legs a bit too. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: