Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June 16th

So it’s just under 16 weeks til the St.George Marathon and today was my first day of actual training.

Plan: Run 4 miles at a cruise pace.
Actual: Ran 6 miles over an undulating course ~ 47:16

Since I took yesterday off for Lydia’s birthday, the legs felt really good this morning and I was able to run a few miles further than I had scheduled out. Feeling a little soreness in the legs, but I’m not overly tired and my mood is pretty good. I think most of the soreness is a result of a few moderate hills over the course of the run. Hills don’t normally bother me too much, but rather than slowly jog up them, I tried to stay on pace up them today. That was probably a mistake but it's a great workout for the lungs and the legs! Looking forward to the next run already.

No comments: