Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday, June 17th

Plan: 4 miles with 4 x 100 meter sprints
Actual: 2.33 miles with 3 x 100 meter sprints ~ 17:35

The legs were feeling tired today. I don't know if it was the weather, something I ate, or not enough sleep but I was definitely not on my C-game, let alone my A-game. I pushed through it though and ran 2.33 miles and did an extra 10 minutes cooldown just to get back to a normal temperature. I usually cool down much quicker. I was running hot today for some reason, even though it was only 5 degrees warmer this morning than it was yesterday. Go figure. Maybe that giant steak I ate last night at Texas Roadhouse was still sitting in my gut... It was worth it though! Luckily, tomorrow's a rest day and I can get my legs back under me (hopefully).

I was really excited for today though because I knew I'd be purchasing my first pair of trail running shoes. Yeehaw! I spent a little time running on trails last year with my road shoes, but never felt very comfortable in them because of the high sole. I was always afraid of rolling my ankles with any slight misstep. So after some reading and budget consideration, I decided to take the plunge and invest in a pair.

I went over to Wasatch Running Center and they were extremely helpful in helping me select the right shoe for me (as usual). I ended up getting a pair of La Sportiva Wildcats after trying on about six different pairs. Of course time will tell how they feel out on the trail, but I feel pretty pleased with my selection. We're heading to the Uintahs this weekend so that should be a good first trial run on these babies!

No comments: