Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blood, Sweat & Tears

...OK, so there haven't been any tears yet. Over the last few weeks though, I've been putting in quite a few miles and had plenty of sweat to go around. I'm getting really bored with running on the busy roads though, so I try to limit that type of running to about once a week. Here's what a pretty normal week has been looking like as of late:

Monday: Head down to the Jordan Parkway for a semi-long run
Tuesday: Hit the gym and get my ass handed to me on a treadmill
Wednesday: Usually try to get a mountain run in right after work
Thursday: Been resting, but looking at more Parkway miles
Friday: Hit the streets with my posse (ok, so it's usually just me)
Saturday: Anywhere I can get in mass amounts of miles
Sunday: Rest Rest Rest

I've been trying to heat-acclimate lately so I've been doing some running in 90+ degree heat. I will say though, that I don't sweat nearly as much doing that as I do at the gym! It's always so muggy and humid in there. And why they keep the heat up beats me! Maybe it gives people the feeling that they're getting a good workout when they sweat off 5 pounds of water weight? Who knows really.

My legs were hurting pretty badly on Tuesday night after doing some leg presses and running on the treadmill. I didn't know how my legs would feel last night after that debacle (BTW, I will never do leg weights and long running on the same day again). My run last night felt good though. No real pain in my legs, just in my lungs since I was doing some speed work... but that's a good thing! So I'm feeling good, cool down, walk in the door and sit down, relieved to be home and just relax the rest of the night. I pull off my shoes to let them air out and what do I see??? Oh, the aftermath...



I guess this came from a small blister I got on Saturday that's just progressively gotten worse. I decided to drain it on Tuesday so it wouldn't get worse, and it worked! Instead, it just decided to bleed all over the place. Lucky me!!! Time to invest in some 'moleskin' or something like that. I heard super glue works too?

No comments: